Wexford Local Development invites applications for the position of:
Employment Guidance Officer Local Employment Service
Part-Time Basis – 22 Months Fixed Term Contract
Wexford Local Development’s Local Employment Service (LES) provides one-to-one employment guidance and support to individuals who are long-term unemployed. The service is provided from WLD’s offices in Gorey, Enniscorthy, New Ross and Wexford and operates under contract for the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
We have an opportunity for a self-motivated person to work with us on a part-time basis as an Employment Guidance Officer on a specific purpose, fixed term contract. This role will be based in our Enniscorthy office and will require some travel throughout the county. The position will be subject to continued government funding.
Applicants for this position should have;
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a relevant professional field
- A third level qualification (Level 7/8) in a relevant subject e.g. Adult Guidance, Human Resources, Education/Training is desirable but not essential.
- Direct experience of working one to one with unemployed adults in a vocational training, educational or job placement setting
- Excellent knowledge of the needs of job seekers and the type of supports available to them
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market and employers’ needs
- A strong team player with a positive, enthusiastic and professional approach to their work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to complete a broad range of tasks to a high standard.
- Access to transport and a full clean driving licence
Please e-mail your CV and letter of application marked Employment Guidance Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org or download a copy of a job description here Job Description LES Employment Guidance Officer 2020
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Wednesday, 22nd January, 2020.
Wexford Local Development LTD is an equal opportunities employer
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY