The Little Jobs Service is operated by the TÚS Programme and aims to provide small maintenance jobs in the homes of older people throughout County Wexford. To qualify for the service you will need to be in receipt of either a state pension or a non-contributory pension.
Cost of the Little Job Service: A yearly subscription of €20 will apply; this is a once-off annual subscription payment. There is no call out charge for our service. The householder will be required to pay for any materials used.
The service provides the following small repairs and maintenance:
- Power washing small areas
- Installing handrails
- Moving items to an attic
- Hanging curtains, curtain poles
- Moving furniture
- Tacking down carpets
- Weeding and other small outdoor jobs
- Grass cutting in small gardens
- Potting plants
- Home security and safety measures such as, installing security chains on doors and installing non-wired smoke alarms.