Wexford Local Development wishes to invite applications for the position of Community Development Project Officer – Full Time Basis
Wexford Local Development works to address inequality and to create opportunities for local people to improve their lives. We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated person to work with us as a Community Development Officer in the Enniscorthy District.
The position holder will be responsible for implementing a range of programmes and actions under the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (2018-2022). The position is full time and the officer will work as a member of WLD’s countywide Community Development team ensuring the delivery of high quality integrated services and supports to WLD’s clients and communities.
Applicants for this position will require;
- A diploma/primary degree (NFQ level 7 or 8) in one of the social sciences or a relevant field including but not exclusively community development.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience working in a relevant professional field with community organisations or projects, or other similar organisations.
- Direct experience of working with marginalised individuals and communities.
- The ability to be a strong team player and to relate well to colleagues, management and other organisations.
- The ability to be flexible with working hours as community development activities often take place outside of normal working hours.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, IT and report writing skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and to complete a broad range of tasks to a high standard.
- Access to transport and a full clean driving licence as travelling and outreach work will be an essential part of the job.
This position will be subject to continued government funding.
Please e-mail your CV and letter of application marked Community Development Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org or download a copy of a job description here
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 22nd January, 2020 at 12 noon
Wexford Local Development LTD is an equal opportunities employer CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY