Wexford Local Development is inviting applications for the position of;
Employment Support Officer- Ability Programme
Wexford Local Development’s mission is to create opportunities that promote equality and improve quality of life for people and communities. Our vision is thriving, resilient communities where people feel connected, are valued and have equal opportunity to reach their full potential
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated person to work with us in the role of Employment Support Officer on our Ability Programme.
The post holder will be responsible for implementing a range of programmes and person centered supports. The Ability Programme works with young people from 18 years of age with an intellectual disability. By providing access to work placement opportunities, tailor-made education and training programmes including employment supports the programme supports participants to improve their employability and become job ready.
The position is full time and is being offered on fixed term contract for a period of 15 months to end of December, 2022.
Applicants for this position will be required to have;
- A third level qualification (Level 7/9) in a relevant field e.g. social/disability care, health care, education, social studies, psychology, community development.
- A minimum of two years working in a relevant professional field.
- Direct Experience of working in vocational rehabilitation/job coaching role with people with disabilities.
- An understanding of the issues and needs of people with disabilities.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understanding of people centred and community development principles
- Proficient administration, organisational and computer literacy skills
- Access to transport and a full clean driving licence as travel will be essential to the role.
Job description available to download Job descriptions ESO Sept 2021
Please e-mail your CV and letter of application marked Employment Support Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 at 5p.m.