The County Wexford Education Network was formed as a result of a major study carried out by Social Studies Research Unit of UCC and launched in April 1999.
- To promote equality and access to education and lifelong learning for all
- To identify and raise awareness of the factors contributing to and the effects of early school leaving in County Wexford
- To respond to and tackle educational inequity issues in County Wexford
- To actively promote and support models of good practice at local and national level
The Steering Committee is representative of the following six main groups:
- Community/ Voluntary
- Alternative Education Providers
Anti-Bullying and Cyber safety Resources
Wexford Education Network has produced an Anti-Bullying Booklet, “Steps to Address Bullying” this booklet has sold over 250,000 copies all over Ireland since 2004. The Booklet was revised in 2010 to include Cyber Bullying and is now out of print.
Two short videos for use on social media platforms were produced by Transition Year students in Gorey Community School to highlight the effects of common cyber bullying scenarios on young people’s mental health and to give some basic advice on how to deal with it. The videos were funded by the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP).
See our cyber safety videos here: Video 1, Video 2
For anyone affected by cyberbullying here are some useful links where you can get further information and advice:
If you wish to contact County Wexford Education Network please email Maeve O’Byrne at MOByrne@wld.ie