We at Wexford Local Development are very proud to sponsor the Wexford Community Award at the 2017 Wexford Business Awards.
The annual awards ceremony, which is now in its 9th year, will this year be hosted by well known TV and Radio personality Hector Ó hEochagáin on May the 26th.
The objective of the Community Award is to recognise and reward the vital role of community groups and the volunteers that work with them, in promoting social inclusion and equality and tackling disadvantage in Co. Wexford.
Reiterating the importance of celebrating the achievements of the local business & community, the CEO of Wexford Chamber, Madeleine Quirke, stated “On Friday May 26th, the crème de la crème of Wexford businesses will converge on Clayton Whites Hotel to enjoy one of the most anticipated events of the year.”
Full details and online entry form are available on the Wexford Business Awards website and we would encourage communities out there to put themselves forward for some well deserved recognition. #MakeADifferenceTogether
Applications are invited from groups who are working in the following areas:
- Supporting local people to develop skills for employment
- Developing social enterprises which address the needs of marginalised people and create economic opportunities at local level
- Promoting education and lifelong learning specifically for those who have not benefited equally from mainstream education
- Engaging with young people, especially those who are not engaged in education, employment or training, enabling them to discover and realise their potential
- Supporting families and children in disadvantaged areas to thrive by providing informal education supports, after-schools clubs, parenting supports etc.
- Working for the inclusion of all members of the community including members of the Travelling community, Roma, people with a disability, new communities and women using innovative approaches focused on equality