Wexford Local Development is recruiting for the following:
Pilot Traveller & Roma Primary Health and Social Care Project Officer
The HSE Social Inclusion Office, CHO Area 5, Wexford Waterford Education and Training Board (WWETB) and Wexford/Waterford Department of Social Protection (DSP) have formed an Interagency Steering Committee to develop a Pilot Primary Health and Social Care Programme for Roma and Travellers in County Wexford.
Wexford Local Development is co-ordinating the pre-development phase of this pilot programme and is now seeking to employ a part-time Project Officer to co-ordinate the pre-development phase. The Project Officer will work as a member of WLD’s countywide Community Development team ensuring the delivery of high quality integrated services and supports to Traveller & Roma individuals.
Overall Purpose of Job:
This position holder will be responsible for the co-ordination of the pre-development phase of the Pilot Traveller & Roma Primary Health & Social Care Programme in Co. Wexford
Applicants for the position should have;
- A relevant third-level qualification (NFQ Level 7) in one of the social sciences or related disciplines
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a community development
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working with minority groups such as Travellers & Roma
- Experience of developing and co-ordinating informal and formal training programmes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills
- Access to transport and a full clean driving license
The position will be offered on a fixed term contract for one year.
Please forward your CV and letter of application to Marie Louise Byrne or by post to;
The Community Development Co-ordinator,
Wexford Local Development,
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12pm (noon) on Thursday, 13th April, 2017
Detailed Job Description for download: Job Description Pilot Traveller & Roma Health & Social Care Programme Project Officer
or by request on 053 9155800
WEXFORD LOCAL DEVELOPMENT LTD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY