|The LEADER Programme 2014-2020 in County Wexford aims to provide rural communities, small enterprises and social enterprises with grant aid which supports developments in areas and sectors as set out in the Wexford Local Development Strategy. The programme is now open for applications, with funding available for enterprise and community projects.
The application process is competitive with no guarantee of applicants being awarded grant aid.
Funding is available for niche start-up and expanding businesses across a range of sectors. WLD is now seeking applications for funding from niche enterprises such as general enterprise, food & beverage producers, tourism attractions, craft/creative industries, renewable energy and farm diversification. Micro and small businesses (up to 50 employees) can apply for up to €200,000 grant aid.
Enterprise applications are now accepted on a rolling call basis. Applications are preceded by completing and returning an Enterprise Applicants Expression of Interest Form 2018. It is advisable to contact Tom Bermingham or Helena Dempsey to discuss whether your business is eligible for LEADER funding.
WLD is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) from community groups in the Gorey/Kilmuckridge Municipal District wishing to undertake analysis & development to enhance or develop community centres. The following projects would be eligible; community consultations, feasibility studies and development plans relating to the development of community centres. No other project types are being considered at this time. The closing date for receipt of EOI’s is Friday 24th January at 12 noon. Queries to Mary Dunphy at email@example.com or by phone 053 9155881.
- Further information is available in WLD’s EOI Special Notice in English or in Irish/as Gaeilge
- Expression of Interest Form – Gorey District, Analysis
- Map of County Wexford’s Municipal Districts
Processed Applications & Grant Awards
Applications submitted in December 2019 are being processed under four community calls; walking trails, youth facilities, biodiversity and water resources. Awards will be confirmed in May 2020.
Wexford Local Development was delighted to support communities to access LEADER funding in 2017-19:
- Arts & Culture projects – Total fund allocated to 21 community groups €265,969.56
- Playgrounds/Outdoor Gyms – Total fund allocated to 13 community groups €377,408.44
- Youth Facilities – Total fund allocated to 6 community groups €117,993.39
- Community Facilities – Total fund allocated to 22 community groups €1,316,443.52
- Village enhancements – Total fund allocated to 4 community groups €115,865.36
- Biodiversity – Total fund allocated to 1 community group €39,574.61
- Recreational Facilities – Total fund allocated to 4 community groups €112,780.99
Subscribe to receive LEADER updates
If you subscribe to receive updates our LEADER team will email you news and information on funding calls for the LEADER Programme as and when they happen. We will hold your contact details on a database in Wexford which is visible to WLD staff.