|The LEADER Programme 2014-2020 in County Wexford aims to provide rural communities, small enterprises and social enterprises with grant aid which supports developments in areas and sectors as set out in the Wexford Local Development Strategy. The programme is now open for applications, with funding available for enterprise and community projects.
The application process is competitive with no guarantee of applicants being awarded grant aid.
LEADER funding is now available for community projects under the following areas:
- Promotion & protection of biodiversity – €60,000
- Protection & sustainable use of water resources – €40,000
- Development of walking trails (including walking tracks) – €189,000
- Development of youth facilities – €75,000
Interested community groups should complete and return an Expression of Interest (EOI) form, by 12 noon Thursday 5th December 2019:
All queries should be directed to Eileen Dake or Mary Dunphy (contact details below).
Wexford Local Development was delighted to support communities to access LEADER funding in 2017-19:
- Arts & Culture projects – Total fund allocated to 21 community groups €265,969.56.
- Playgrounds/Outdoor Gyms – Total fund allocated to 13 community groups €377,408.44.
- Youth Facilities – Total fund allocated to 6 community groups €117,993.39.
- Community Facilities – Total fund allocated to 13 community groups €784,660.38.
- Village enhancements – Total fund allocated to 4 community groups €115,865.36
- Biodiversity – Total fund allocated to 1 community group €39,574.61
- Recreational Facilities – confirmation of awards in Dec 2019
- Community Facilities – confirmation of awards in Dec 2019
Funding is available for niche start-up and expanding businesses across a range of sectors. WLD is now seeking applications for funding from niche enterprises such as general enterprise, food & beverage producers, tourism attractions, craft/creative industries, renewable energy and farm diversification. Micro and small businesses (up to 50 employees) can apply for up to €200,000 grant aid.
Enterprise applications are now accepted on a rolling call basis. Applications are preceded by completing and returning an Enterprise Applicants Expression of Interest Form 2018. It is advisable to contact Tom Bermingham or Helena Dempsey to discuss whether your business is eligible for LEADER funding.
Subscribe to receive LEADER updates
If you subscribe to receive updates our LEADER team will email you news and information on funding calls for the LEADER Programme as and when they happen. We will hold your contact details on a database in Wexford which is visible to WLD staff.