The aim of our Ability Programme is to support young people, aged 16-29 years, with an intellectual disability and who are not work ready, to move closer to the labour market through using a person centered approach and providing them with access to work placement opportunities, tailor-made education and training programmes & including employment supports.
How we support Ability Programme participants:
- We support project participants who are not work ready to move closer to the labour market using a range of person-centered approaches including the development of a personal action plan to identify training needs in personal/social and employment focused skills.
- We provide programme participants with access to work placement opportunities and tailor made education and training programmes including employment supports.
- We assist young people to develop the confidence and independence required to participate in education, training and employment.
- We work with & build the capacity of employers and employer organisations to offer work placements and employment.
There are set eligibility criteria for this Programme:
- Aged between 16-29 years. (Proof of age will be required)
- Have a diagnosis of an intellectual disability.
- In receipt of disability allowance or invalidity pension;
- In receipt of illness benefit for more than three months
- An existing service user or client of WLD or our project partners (if they are a disability service)
- Referred to our project by relevant organisations or services supporting young people with disabilities.
- Referrals from GPs and mainstream schools are not eligible
For further information or for a referral form please email our Project Officers;
Or contact us at the WLD Enniscorthy Office, IFA Centre, Mill Park Road, Enniscorthy on 053 9155845
or 053 91 55864