The Local Area Employment Service (LAES) at Wexford Local Development provides one-to-one guidance and support to unemployed individuals, throughout Wexford, who are most distant from the labour market.
LAES operates under contract for the Department of Social Protection, as an Intreo Partner, and a core element of Ireland’s Public Employment Service.
Wexford Local Development is committed to delivering a high quality one-to-one employment and guidance service to all Local Area Employment (LAES) clients. This service is tailored to meet the individual needs of each client and is in keeping with the values of our organisation.
The services we provide to clients are:
- Regular one-to-one meetings with a dedicated Employment Guidance Officer in a private comfortable setting.
- A Personal Progression Plan (PPP), customised for each client, including individual goals and actions agreed.
- CV and cover letter preparation and job-searching skills.
- Access to in-house and external training courses, self-employment options, interview skills and work experience options.
- Direct access to external specialised local services for extra support addressing, for example, numeracy and literacy, mental health, childcare, finance.
- In-employment support and guidance for 17 weeks when starting a new job.
- Our services are available to clients in all of our offices on a full-time basis, exclusive of public holidays, during the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Our offices are located in the four main towns, Gorey, Enniscorthy, Wexford and New Ross.
The services we provide to employers are:
- We can help with your recruitment needs, matching suitable candidates to local jobs
- We provide information on employer incentives e.g. Jobs Plus
- Advertise jobs for free on our office and virtual jobs boards
To contact us please email email@example.com or see our office contact numbers below: