Wexford Local Development would like to invite applications for the following positions:
Rural Social Scheme Supervisor (RSS)
Wexford Local Development is a non-governmental organisation working to support the development of thriving, resilient communities where people feel connected, are valued and have equal opportunity to reach their full potential. Rural Social Scheme is one of a number of national programmes delivered at local level by WLD on behalf of the Government in order to create opportunities that promote equality and inclusion and improve quality of life for people and communities.
About the Role:
The Rural Social Scheme Supervisor will play a key role in the broader RSS and Tus team, working collaboratively with communities and individuals across Co. Wexford who have been marginalised or denied full inclusion in Irish society.
The aim of the Rural Social Scheme is to provide an additional source of income to low income farmers and fisherpersons who are in receipt of specified social welfare payments. The role involves the identification of work placement opportunities in community organisations and outreach, promotional activity and collaborative networking to identify and engage participants on the scheme.
We are looking for an experienced, resourceful and empathetic person, with excellent interpersonal and team skills, who is passionate about supporting people to reach their full potential and are energised about making a positive difference in a person’s life.
Key responsibilities of this role include;
- Outreach, promotional activity and collaborative networking to identify and engage clients with the programme and to identify suitable work placement opportunities with community organisations.
- Matching participants to suitable work placements
- Ongoing supervision and mentoring of participants in their work placements.
- Clearly and accurately record client and group interactions and update and maintain company CRM systems with the required information.
The Ideal candidate will be required to have;
- Achieved a Level 6 on the National Qualifications Framework or equivalent relevant training or professional experience, in supervisory management or other discipline.
- Direct experience working one to one with marginalised Individuals and Communities
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Access to a car and a full clean driving licence as travelling and outreach will be part of the role.
- Excellent interpersonal and IT Skills and the ability to relate and work well as part of a team.
The position is being offered on a full-time basis 35 hours per week and will be subject to continued government funding. The position will be located in our New Ross office.
Please e-mail your CV and letter of application marked Rural Social Scheme Supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, 16th June, 2023
WEXFORD LOCAL DEVELOPMENT LTD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY
Employment Guidance Officer (x 2) – Local Area Employment Service
Wexford Local Development’s Local Area Employment Service (LAES) provides one-to-one employment guidance and support to individuals who are long-term unemployed. The service is provided from WLD’s offices in Enniscorthy, New Ross, Gorey and Wexford and operates under contract for the Department of Social Protection.
We are looking for experienced, resourceful and empathetic persons, with excellent interpersonal skills, who are passionate about supporting people to reach their full potential. The ideal candidates for the position of LAES Employment Guidance Officer will have:
- A minimum of two years working in a relevant professional field.
- A third level qualification (Level 7/8) in a relevant subject e.g. Adult Guidance, Human Resources, Education/Training is desirable but not essential.
- Direct experience of working one-to-one with unemployed adults in a vocational training, educational or job placement setting.
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market and employers’ needs.
- A strong team player with a positive, enthusiastic and professional approach to work.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to complete a broad range of tasks to a high standard.
- Access to transport and a full clean driving licence.
The positions are being offered on a full-time basis, 35 hours per week, and will be subject to continued funding.
The positions will be based in our New Ross and Enniscorthy offices and will require travel throughout the county.
Please email your CV and letter of application, marked Employment Guidance Officer, to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 7th June at 5pm.
Wexford Local Development LTD is an equal opportunities employer
|CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY|