Ability is co-financed by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020
The aim of our Ability Programme is to support young people, aged 16-29 years, with an intellectual disability.
We work with young people who are not work ready, to move closer to the labour market through:
- using a person centered approach
- providing them with access to work placement opportunities,
- tailor-made education and training programmes
- employment supports.
How we support Ability Programme participants:
- We support project participants who are not work ready to move closer to the labour market using a range of person-centered approaches including the development of a personal action plan to identify training needs in personal/social and employment focused skills.
- We provide programme participants with access to work placement opportunities and tailor made education and training programmes including employment supports.
- We assist young people to develop the confidence and independence required to participate in education, training and employment.
- We work with & build the capacity of employers and employer organisations to offer work placements and employment.
There are set eligibility criteria for this Programme:
- Aged between 16-29 years (Proof of age will be required)
- Have a diagnosis of an intellectual disability
- In receipt of disability allowance or invalidity pension
- In receipt of illness benefit for more than three months
- an existing service user or client of the lead applicant or project partner (if the lead applicant or project partner is a disability service)
Referred to our project by relevant organisations or services supporting young people with disabilities
Referrals from GPs and mainstream schools are not eligible
For further information or for a referral form please email our Project Officers:
Sarah Bolger 0873800615 firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Mulvey 0877199266 email@example.com
Michael O’Brien 0830217576 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact us at the WLD Enniscorthy Office, IFA Centre, Mill Park Road, Enniscorthy on 053 91 55864