This workshop will provide those considering a career as a healthcare assistant with a “taster” of what is involved in choosing such a career.
It will run for 3.5 hours per day for 4 days in Enniscorthy, Gorey, New Ross & Wexford this Autumn.
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to the role of Healthcare Assistant:
- What it is and why it’s needed
- What skills are necessary in caring for another person to meet their needs:
- e.g. hygiene, toileting, mobility, safety and nutrition needs
- How to keep a vulnerable adult safe from abuse
- How to prevent falls
If you think working in healthcare would suit you and would like to take part in this short workshop, please contact the WLD office nearest you on 053 9155800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop in to register your interest.